Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dilbert Blog: My Irrational Beliefs

[I]t makes me wonder if creationist geologists are worse at finding oil than atheists. Somewhere in Calgary I imagine a conversation between a creationist geologist and his boss:

Boss: “Matthew, why haven’t you found any oil? All the other guys have.”

Matthew: “Well, I’ve been drilling everywhere looking for carved stone tablets from God but all I find are these stupid fossils.”

I’m told that evolution is useful for a whole range of scientific things that I don’t know about or don’t understand. For example, I’m told that if you don’t believe that mammals evolved from lower life forms you’d be a crappy microbiologists. Every time you observed some viruses acquiring immunity you would stop working on a vaccine and sacrifice your first born son.

The Dilbert Blog


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home